Many will agree that there is nothing better than a glass of sweet and spicy eggnog on a chilly, white Christmas morning ♥
I know everyone loves sipping on this delicious, creamy drink this time of year, but oh does this holiday splurge come with a whole lot of unwanted calories!
Traditionally, eggnog contains a few whole eggs, heavy cream and is loaded with sugar. Plus, I know some of you like to sneak in some rum on occasion 🙂
One cup of eggnog (a full glass will be about 2 cups) contains 343 calories, and if you add the alcohol, it becomes a whopping 450 calories…and that’s only half of your glass!
This is a whole lot for your body to digest, especially around the holiday extravaganza when we splurge on sweet foods and drinks almost almost every day.
With that in mind, I know you will appreciate me sharing this yummy holiday treat with you, which is also 100% sugar, dairy and egg-free.
This egg-less eggnog is not only super tasty, but also packed full of amazing nutrition that your beautiful bod will love you for ♥
Cashews are rich in vitamin E, selenium and iron, while the dates add some natural sweetness to the drink along with lots of gut-healthy fiber, magnesium and vitamin B6, needed for healthy cell metabolism.
This really is one amazing cocktail, so enjoy!
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water for 10 min to soften)
- 5-6 raw pitted dates*
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk, or any other nut milk of choice**
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few minutes
- Sit back, relax and enjoy every sip, preferably in good company 🙂
- *You can add a tablespoon of maple syrup in addition to the dates if you prefer the drink sweeter
- **You can also just add plain water as the cashews will turn into cashew milk when blended. If you want the eggnog to be thicker, add another handful of nuts to the mix
Wishing you a healthy & happy holiday season!