Called glucose/fructose in Canada

High fructose corn syrup

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Structural formulae of fructose (left) and glucose (right)

High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS)—also called glucose/fructose in Canada,[1]glucose–fructose syrup (GFS) in the EU,[2][3] and high-fructose maize syrup in other countries—comprises any of a group of corn syrups that has undergoneenzymatic processing to convert some of its glucose into fructose to produce a desired sweetness.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s