Day: November 30, 2014
Whole Milk is 50% Fat and 35% Sugar. So What?
Cranberry and Pumpkin Breakfast Loaf
It’s so versatile and easy to make — definitely one of those recipes I can imagine passing down to my children someday. I’ve also had success freezing the loaf for later use, so this recipe is perfect if you want to save some for later or just have a loaf to pull out when you’re short on time but hungry for something homemade.
CRANBERRY & PUMPKIN BREAKFAST LOAF [VEGAN]
THIS RECIPE IS :
- 1.5 cups plain (wholemeal) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk of choice
- 1.75 oz cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and grease a loaf tin.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre; place all the wet ingredients in the well, then fold them in. Lastly, fold in the cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin, smoothing out the top with a spatula. Bake for 45 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup or butter with nut/seed butter — it’s delicious!
- Keep covered with a cloth or stored in the bread tin for up to 3 days. Can be frozen for up to a month.